The French Ambassadors of the Department of French and Italian are our Student Advisory Board. They serve as representative voices of their peers in the French program. The organization exists with the following goals:
- Provide constructive feedback and input to department faculty and staff on the curricular and co-curricular aspects of the program
- Offer leadership opportunities to French Ambassadors as they take responsibility for the organization’s operations and success
- Support the study of French for undergraduates
- Foster greater connection among current students of French
- Develop and enhance alumni connections
What is the time commitment? The French Ambassador organization is sensitive to students’ busy schedules.
- Ambassadors serve for 2 semester minimum (beginning with the start of the Spring semester)
- Ambassadors attend bi-monthly, 60-minute meetings. Executive Committee members also attend organizational meetings during alternate months.
- Ambassadors attend a minimum of 2 outside events or participate in 2 activities per semester.
Who is eligible to be a “French Ambassador”?
- Anyone who is interested in French language and culture
Members of the Advisory Board must be undergraduate students of French, and meet the following requirements:
- be a full-time UW-Madison student and a declared French major or French certificate candidate
- have completed at least 1 semester on campus by the start of his/her term
- have and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA overall and in the major or certificate