Credentials: Job Market Candidate in Italian
712 Van Hise Hall
- B.A., International Relations and Italian, Syracuse University
- M.A., Italian, Middlebury College
Italian Renaissance literature, with particular focus on the intersections between theatre and politics; Renaissance Florence; Machiavelli, Aretino, Tasso.
Rimedio as Medical, Political, and Social Cure in Italian Renaissance Drama
- “‘Per procacciarvi il rimedio con il proprio sangue’: Pietro Aretino and the Satirical Remedy,” SCSC, Milwaukee, WI, Oct 2017.
- “The Madonna and the Whore: Problematizing Pasolini’s Portrayal of Women and Sexuality in Mamma Roma and Teorema,” MLA, Philadelphia, Jan. 2017.
- “A Sublime Virtù: Translating History, Power, and the Human in Machiavelli’s Principe,” MMLA, St. Louis, Nov. 2016.
- “The Toxic Cure: Remedy and Poison in Machiavelli’s Mandragola,” GAFIS, Madison, WI, April 2016.
- “La Storia behind Elsa Morante’s romanzo popolare,” GAFIS, Madison, WI, April 2014.
- ITA 101
- ITA 102
- ITA 203
- Lit Trans 360
- Italian for Reading Knowledge, UW Continuing Studies