Credentials: PhD Candidate in Italian
- M.A. in Didactics of Italian Language and Literature, Università per Stranieri di Siena
- B.A. in Italian Language and Culture (summa cum laude), Università di Pisa
My research spans post-war Italian cinema and literature, with particular emphasis on the place of poetry in cinematic expression. I am especially interested in the poetics of time in modern Italian culture and, specifically, in the study of temporality in the cinematic representations of the urban space. My interests include comparative literature, visual and performance studies, avant-garde/neo-avant-garde history, aesthetics, experimental poetics, and intersections between Italian and Latin American cultures.
- Italian 101 (first semester Italian) – instructor
- Italian 201 (accelerated first & second semester Italian) – instructor
- Italian 203 (third semester Italian) – instructor
- Italian 204 (fourth semester Italian) – instructor
- Italian 410 (Italian Literature in Translation: Food Cultures of Italy) – grader
- Communication Arts/Italian 460 (Italian Cinema: a survey of Italian film and the relationship between film and the other arts) – discussion sections
- Literature in Translation 253 – (Dante’s Divine Comedy) – teaching assistant
- “A Hot Venetian Summer: The Festival of 1968 and its Hated Director.” SCMS – Society for Cinema and Media Studies – Annual Conference. Denver, USA, April 12-15, 2023.
- “Amidst the Banks of Time: The Tiber and Cinematic Rome” and “Don Fabrizio’s ‘mani in pasta’: Symbology of the Hands-Food Binomial in Lampedusa’s and Visconti’s Il Gattopardo.” NeMLA – Northeast Modern Language Association – Annual Convention. Niagara Falls, USA, March 23-26, 2023.
- “An Eternal Liminality: The Poetics of Time in Roman Cinematic Slums.” ACLA – American Comparative Literature Association Annual Meeting. Chicago, USA, March 16-19, 2023.
- “A Silent Theatre Shooting: Ettore Scola’s Ballando Ballando.” Istituto Italiano di Cultura. Lima, Peru, February 21, 2023.
- “Don Fabrizio’s ‘mani in pasta’: Symbology of the Hands-Food Binomial in Lampedusa’s and Visconti’s Il Gattopardo.” 119th PAMLA Conference. UCLA. Los Angeles, USA, November 11-13, 2022.
- “Don Fabrizio’s ‘mani in pasta’: Symbology of the Hands-Food Binomial in Lampedusa’s and Visconti’s Il Gattopardo.” GSAIS 2022 Conference. University of Toronto. Toronto, Canada, November 4-6, 2022.
- “Pasolini’s Vangelo and the Loss of the Sacred Dimension in Contemporary Man.” Biblical Drama in Europe from the Middle Ages to the Present Day. University of Oxford – Jesus College. Oxford, United Kingdom, June 10, 2022.
- “Perversion of Modernity: Pasolini’s Christ and Contemporary Man.” Graduate Association of French & Italian Students Symposium. Madison, WI, April 9-10, 2021.
- “Il Vangelo secondo Matteo. Pasolini and the Loss of the Sacred Dimension in Modern Man.” II International Conference of the Journal of Italian Cinema and Media Studies. American University of Rome & Wellesley College. Rome, Italy, June 14-15, 2019.
- “30 Years of Kieślowski´s Dekalog: From the Secular Horizon to Transcendence.” Universidad del Pacífico. Lima, Peru, May 14, 2019.
- “Bergman´s Persona – the Reflection of Self-Consciousness Mask.” XXX European Film Festival of Lima – Delegation of the European Union to Peru and Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú. Lima, Peru, October 17, 2018.
- “Invisible Mirrors. Italian Poets of the 20th Century.” XXIII International Book Fair of Lima. Lima, Peru, July 21, 2018.
- “Water Mirror: the Poetics of Time in Andréi Tarkovski.” Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú – Centro Cultural PUCP. Lima, Peru, July 5, 2018.
- “Alchemy and Fire. A Critical Anthology of the Poetic Works of Rosina Valcárcel.” Casa de la Literatura Peruana. Lima, Peru, May 24, 2018.
- Molisina, Giampaolo. “Ilegalidad, corrupción y malaffare en el cine italiano. (Illegality, Corruption and malaffare in Italian Cinema).” Ventana Indiscreta 21, 2019 pp. 14-29.
- Molisina, Giampaolo. “El legado bergmaniano en Persona. Máscaras, identidad y reconocimiento. (Bergman’s Legacy in Persona. Masks, Identity, and Recognition).” Studium Veritatis Vol.16 (22) 2018 pp. 151-165.
- Molisina, Giampaolo “El cine italiano y el universo literario. (Italian Cinema and the Literary Universe).” Ventana Indiscreta 18, 2017 pp. 68-82.
- Bodei, Remo. “Del dinero. Los medios y los fines” translated by Giampaolo Molisina. In Francisco Jarauta en las fronteras de Babel, edited by Pablo Jaurata and Pedro Medina. Madrid: Editorial IED, 2018 pp. 47-64.
- Molisina, Giampaolo “Nascita dell’Osservatorio della lingua italiana in Perù. (Establishment of the Italian Language Observatory in Peru).” Carta Bianca 3, 2012 pp. 4-8.