Credentials: PhD Candidate in Italian
- M.A. in Didactics of Italian Language and Literature, Università per Stranieri di Siena
- Laurea in Italian Language and Culture (summa cum laude), Università di Pisa
My research spans post-war Italian cinema and literature, with particular emphasis on the place of poetry in cinematic expression. I am especially interested in the poetics of time in modern Italian culture and, specifically, in the study of temporality in Italian cinematic representations of young generations. Additionally, my interests include comparative literature, visual and performance studies, avant-garde/neo-avant-garde history, aesthetics and experimental poetics, and intersections between Italian and Latin American culture.
- Italian 101 (First Semester Italian) – instructor
- Italian 201 (Accelerated First & Second Semester Italian) – instructor
- Italian 203 (Third Semester Italian) – instructor
- Italian 204 (Fourth Semester Italian) – instructor
- Italian 410 (Italian Literature in Translation: Food Cultures of Italy) – grader
- “Perversion of modernity: Pasolini’s Christ and contemporary man.” Graduate Association of French & Italian Students Symposium. Madison, WI, April 9-10, 2021.
- “Il Vangelo secondo Matteo. Pasolini and the loss of the sacred dimension in modern man.” II International Conference of the Journal of Italian Cinema and Media Studies. American University of Rome & Wellesley College. Rome, Italy, June 14-15, 2019.
- “30 years of Kieślowski´s Dekalog – From the secular horizon to transcendence.” Universidad del Pacífico. Lima, Peru, May 14, 2019.
- “Bergman´s Persona – the reflection of self-consciousness mask.” XXX European Film Festival of Lima – Delegation of the European Union to Peru and Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú. Lima, Peru, October 17, 2018.
- “Invisible mirrors. Italian poets of the 20th century.” XXIII International Book Fair of Lima. Lima, Peru, July 21, 2018.
- “Water mirror: the poetics of time in Andréi Tarkovski.” Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú – Centro Cultural PUCP. Lima, Peru, July 5, 2018.
- “Alchemy and fire. Critical anthology of the poetic work of Rosina Valcárcel.” Casa de la Literatura Peruana. Lima, Peru, May 24, 2018.
- Molisina, G. “Ilegalidad, corrupción y malaffare en el cine italiano. (Illegality, corruption and malaffare in Italian cinema).” Ventana Indiscreta, 2019 (21).
- Molisina, G. “El legado bergmaniano en Persona. Máscaras, identidad y reconocimiento. (Bergman’s legacy in Persona. Masks, identity and recognition).” Studium Veritatis, 2018, Vol.16 (22).
- Molisina, G. “El cine italiano y el universo literario. (The Italian cinema and the literary universe).” Ventana Indiscreta, 2017 (18).