Credentials: PhD Candidate in Italian
Position title: PhD Student | Italian
708 Van Hise Hall
- B.A., Sarah Lawrence College
- M.A., Italian Language and Literature, UW-Madison
Eighteenth century, 18th-century Italian and European literature and theater; Vittorio Alfieri; Carlo Goldoni; Italian Romanticism; British Romanticism; 19th-20th-century Italian and European theater; theatrical portrayals of women and servants; historical Italian scientific literature.
Alfieri’s Tragic Women: Silence, Sacrifice, and Infidelity
- Book review: Roberto, Salsano. Tra scrittura e riscrittura. Saggi e note su Alfieri tragico. Caltanissetta: Salvatore Sciascia editore, 2014. P. 105 in Italica 1 (Spring 2018).
- Alfieri and the Body as ‘scudo’. Graduate Association of French & Italian Students (GAFIS) Symposium, UW-Madison, April, 2018.
- ‘Un-Knightly Arms’: Astolfo’s Horn and the Chivalric Ideal on the Island of the donne omicide in Orlando Furioso. Graduate Early Modern Student Society (GEMSS) Symposium, UW-Madison, April, 2017.
- ‘Il peso delle parole’: Historical Uncertainty and Defiance of the Patriarchal Storyteller in Anna Banti’s Artemisia. Graduate Association of French & Italian Students (GAFIS) Symposium, UW-Madison, April, 2017.
- Italian 101
- Italian 102
- Italian 201
- Italian 203
- Italian 204