Credentials: PhD Candidate in Italian
708 Van Hise Hall
- M.A., Italian Language and Literature, UW-Madison
- B.A., Sarah Lawrence College
Eighteenth century, 18th-century Italian and European literature and theatre; Vittorio Alfieri; Carlo Goldoni; Italian Romanticism; British Romanticism; 19th-20th-century Italian and European theatre; theatrical portrayals of women and servants; Italian American Studies.
Alfieri’s Tragic Women: Silence, Sacrifice, and Infidelity
- Italian 101 (First-Semester Italian)
- Italian 102 (Second-Semester Italian)
- Italian 201 (First- and Second-Semester Italian combined)
- Italian 203 (Third-Semester Italian)
- Italian 204 (Fourth-Semester Italian)
- Literature in Translation 260: “Italy and the Invention of America: From Columbus to World War II”
- Literature in Translation 253: “Of Demons and Angels: Dante’s Divine Comedy” (Grader)
- Italian 365: “Machiavelli and His World” (Grader)
- Literature in Translation 260: “Italy and the Invention of America: From Columbus to World War II” (Grader)
- Comparative Literature 500 / Folklore 359: “The Double: Modernity and the Divided Self” (Grader)
- Management and Human Resources 300: “Managing Organizations” (Grader)
- Sanitizing the Italian Immigrant in Richard Barker’s The Italian. Graduate Association of French & Italian Students (GAFIS) Symposium, UW-Madison, April, 2021.
- Trading Places: Resetting Samuel Richardson’s Pamela in Carlo Goldoni’s Pamela fanciulla. Northeastern Modern Language Association (NeMLA), March, 2021.
- The Tyranny of Desire: Love, Power, and Punishment in Alfieri’s Rosmunda. Modern Language Association (MLA), January, 2021.
- Tragic Negotiation and Resistance: The Heroines of Eighteenth-Century Italian Tragedy. NeMLA, March, 2020.
- ‘Questa scabrosissima fluttuazione dell’animo’: Feminine Tragedy and Authorial Shame in Vittorio Alfieri. GAFIS Symposium, UW-Madison, April, 2019.
- Vittorio Alfieri’s Alceste seconda as a Revision of the Tragic Self. South Central Society for Eighteenth Century Studies (SCSECS), February, 2019.
- Silencing Antigone: Vittorio Alfieri and the Female Tragic Psyche. FRIT Research Seminar Series, UW-Madison, November, 2018.
- Alfieri and the Body as ‘scudo’. GAFIS Symposium, UW-Madison, April, 2018.
- ‘Un-Knightly Arms’: Astolfo’s Horn and the Chivalric Ideal on the Island of the donne omicide in Orlando Furioso. Graduate Early Modern Student Society (GEMSS) Symposium, UW-Madison, April, 2017.
- ‘Il peso delle parole’: Historical Uncertainty and Defiance of the Patriarchal Storyteller in Anna Banti’s Artemisia. GAFIS Symposium, UW-Madison, April, 2017.
- Book review: Loretelli, Rosamaria, Riccardo Capoferro, and John Dunkley, eds. The Criminal Question in the Public Sphere. Cesare Beccaria’s “On Crimes and Punishments” and Eighteenth-Century Britain: A Two-Way Perspective. Spec. issue of Diciottesimo Secolo 4 (2019). Pp. 635-639 in Italica 97.3 (Fall 2020).
- Article: “Futurism’s Fish Tanks: Rethinking the Human in Marinetti and Bontempelli.” California Italian Studies 10.1 (2020).
- Book review: Roberto, Salsano. Tra scrittura e riscrittura. Saggi e note su Alfieri tragico. Caltanissetta: Salvatore Sciascia editore, 2014. P. 105 in Italica 95.1 (Spring 2018).