G. Charles Kilian
Credentials: PhD Candidate in French
650 Van Hise Hall
- BA, Macalester College, 2013
- MA, University of Wisconsin–Madison, 2015
20th-century French and francophone literature; censorship and obscenity; affective theory and literary criticism; women’s, gender, and sexuality studies
Gender, Genre, and Pleasure: Eroticism in 20th-century French Women’s Writing (tentative)
• “‘Comme vos leçons m’enflamment’: Libertine Education in Thérèse Philosophe and La Philosophie dans le Boudoir.” Annual Symposium of Graduate Association of French & Italian Students, University of Wisconsin-Madison. April 1, 2017.
• “‘Entre les Schtroumpfettes et les Larves’: The Creation of the Self in Nelly Arcan’s Putain.” MMLA. Loyola University, in Cincinnati, OH. November 10, 2017.
• “The Posthuman Eroticism of Guillaume Lecasble’s Lobster.” Departmental Research Seminar. University of Wisconsin-Madison, January 31, 2018.
• “‘Comme vos leçons m’enflamment’: Libertine Education in Thérèse Philosophe and La Philosophie dans le Boudoir.” MMLA. Loyola University, in Kansas City, MO. November 17, 2018.
• French 102—Second Semester French
• French 203—Third Semester French
• French 204—Fourth Semester French