G. Charles Kilian
Credentials: PhD Candidate in French
650 Van Hise Hall
- M.A., University of Wisconsin–Madison, 2015
- B.A., Macalester College, 2013
20th- and 21st-century French and francophone literature; comparative literary studies; censorship and obscenity; women’s, gender, and sexuality studies
Gender, Genre, and Pleasure: Eroticism in 20th-century French Women’s Writing (tentative)
- French 102: Second Semester French
- French 203: Third Semester French
- French 204: Fourth Semester French
- Literature in Translation 360: French and Italian Renaissance Literature Online
- “‘Comme vos leçons m’enflamment’: Libertine Education in Thérèse Philosophe and La Philosophie dans le Boudoir.” Annual Symposium of Graduate Association of French & Italian Students, University of Wisconsin-Madison. April 1, 2017.
- “‘Entre les Schtroumpfettes et les Larves’: The Creation of the Self in Nelly Arcan’s Putain.” MMLA. Loyola University, in Cincinnati, OH. November 10, 2017.
- “The Posthuman Eroticism of Guillaume Lecasble’s Lobster.” Departmental Research Seminar. University of Wisconsin-Madison, January 31, 2018.
- “‘Comme vos leçons m’enflamment’: Libertine Education in Thérèse Philosophe and La Philosophie dans le Boudoir.” Loyola University, in Kansas City, MO. November 17, 2018.
- “O Unbound: The Story of O as an Erotic Novel.” Departmental Research Seminar. University of Wisconsin-Madison, April 28, 2021.