Aniello Di Iorio
Credentials: PhD Candidate in Italian
708 Van Hise Hall
- B.A. in Italian & B.A. in Political Philosophy (UCLA)
- Master of Arts in Italian Literature (UCLA)
“Surrendering Dante’s Memory to the Regenerative Course of Ars Memorativa”.
- “Dante’s Perception of The Ruse From Inferno XXI-XXIII”. In the Peer Academic International Journal “Rivista di Studi Italiani”, June 2015 – “750 years of the Birth of Dante Alighieri”.
- “La sensibilità percettiva in balia della velocità futurista”. In the Peer Academic International Journal “Rivista di Studi Italiani”, June 2009 – “Centenary of the Birth of Futurism”.
- Borra, Antonello, trans. and ed. Guittone d’Arezzo: Selected Poems and Prose. Toronto/Buffalo/London: University of Toronto Press, 2017. Pp. 241. In the Peer Academic Journal “Annali d’Italianistica” – (forthcoming in Fall 2018).
- Barbera, Rossana Fenu, Dante’s Tears: The Poetics of Weeping from Vita Nuova to the Commedia. Firenze, Italy: Leo S. Olschki Editore, 2017. Pp. 204. In the Peer Academic Journal “Forum Italicum” – (Spring 2018).
- Unveiling the Hidden Skin: Dante’s Visualization of the Prideful through the Allegorical Representation in the Illuminated Manuscript MS. Holkham 48. Sixth Annual Symposium on Medieval and Renaissance Studies at Saint Louis University, June 2018.
- Paradiso XXIV-XXV and Dante’s Quest for Future Glory: Interweaving Human Senses Between the Ars Memorativa and the Theological Virtues of Faith and Hope. “Vice and Virtues in the Middle Ages & Renaissance” – CSIS (Canadian Society of Italian Studies), Ottawa, May 2018.
- Unveiling the Hidden Skin: Dante’s Visualization of the Prideful through the Allegorical Representation in the Illuminated Manuscript MS. Holkham 48. “Skin” Graduate Association of French & Italian Students (GAFIS) Symposium, UW-Madison, April 2018.
- Inferno XXXIII: A Poetical Reminiscence. “Classical Influences in Dante”, The Medieval Institute at Western Michigan State University¾at The 51st International Congress On Medieval Studies, Kalamazoo, MI, May 2016.
- Dante’s Ironical Perception of the Ruse from Inferno XXI-XXIII. “Irony at the Crossroads”, Comparative Literature Department Graduate Center Conference, C.U.N.Y. February 2011.
- La fine della cortesia nel Trecentonovelle. “Italian Short Stories”, Northeast Modern Language Association NEMLA– For Annual Conference at Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, March 2009.
- Lo spazio in balía della velocità. Southern Atlantic Modern Language Association SAMLA– For Italian Studies Annual Conference in Louisville, Kentucky, November 2008.
- Italian 101 – First semester Italian
- Italian 102 – Second semester Italian
- Italian 203 – Third semester Italian
- Italian 204 – Fourth semester Italian
- Literature in Translation 253: Dante’s Divine Comedy – Grader/Reader
- Literature in Translation 360: French and Italian Renaissance Literature on line – TA
- Literature in Translation 365: Machiavelli and His World – Grader/Reader